Posted in Emergency CarePosted on January, 16 2019 by G Marlin
This practice, being one of the first offices in Washington, DC to have autoclavable (sterilized) hand pieces (drills) (1985), maintains a strict regimen of infection control. We are always available to discuss any aspect of our infection control regimen.
We follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves (Latex Free) and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all tools and equipment before every use
- Sterilization of all dental hand pieces (drills)
- Disposable materials, were indicated
An autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure, is used to sterilize all instruments.