Posted in Destination DentistryPosted on March, 10 2022 by G Marlin
You might have heard the term “destination dentistry” before. This trend has become increasingly popular in the last couple of years, and nowadays, more and more dental practitioners are offering smile makeovers to patients from far away. But how does fly-in dental service work? Is it really convenient? Am I a suitable candidate? Read on to find the answer to all these questions – and more!
What is Destination Dentistry?
Destination dentistry is also known as dental tourism or fly-in-fly-out dentistry. It essentially consists of going to another city (or country) to receive dental care, and it’s commonly associated with holiday destinations like Mexico, Turkey, Croatia, and so on. It is frequently used by patients seeking smile makeovers or implant reconstruction at a reduced rate. Unfortunately, our experience has been that the quality of care delivered in these foreign countries has been very low, to the extent that we have had many patients come to us to actually redo their therapy, or even repair their jaws.
However, this dental service is also gaining popularity across the US with patients seeking top quality care as their prime focus. Many top-rated dentists and prosthodontists are becoming aware that patients would travel miles and miles to be seen by them. Dr. Gerald Marlin of Elite Prosthetic Dentistry in Washington DC is undoubtedly one of them.
Patients who decide to get this type of dental service are often after implant restoration or an ultimate smile makeover. As the latter name implies, this treatment dramatically enhances your smile by combining several cosmetic procedures like teeth whitening, dental veneers, crowns, and many more. It is a complex dental treatment that an expert should carry out, so if you get a smile makeover, you must take time and choose your prosthodontist wisely – even if this means being away from home for a few days. Of course, a smile makeover is not the only reasons patients travel to see Dr. Marlin; he has many specialties (both cosmetic and dental implant-related) and is known for evaluating and treating even the most challenging cases successfully.
Benefits of Destination Dentistry
There are many reasons why you can give destination dentistry a thought:
- Experienced dentists: you get to decide who will transform your smile based on results and patients’ testimonies. You can be seen by the best prosthodontists and cosmetic dentists in the country! Dr. Marlin has over 30 years of experience as a leading prosthodontist in the area.
- Latest technologies: when choosing a dentist, you are also choosing a practice, so you can make sure that it counts with cutting-edge technology and all the equipment needed for your treatment. At Elite Prosthetic Dentistry, we have highly advanced technology and which helps us achieve optimal results when crafting crowns.
- Our in-house laboratory: with our very own in-house dental laboratory, we have the ultimate in efficiency and take aesthetics to a whole new level when our out-of-town, out-of-the-country patients come for therapy.
- Travel opportunities: with destination dentistry, you also discover a new city. Take advantage of the time between sessions to explore a different culture and give yourself a treat! Our nation’s capital is full of museums, landmarks, and countless other attractions.
- No wait between procedures: if you need more than one clinical session, they will be scheduled in advance and with little time in between.
- Personalized service: you will not be like any patient who walks in the clinic – you will be that person flying from far away to see the dentist, and the staff knows that!
Our Fly-in Service
At Elite Prosthetic Dentistry, we are delighted to offer our fly-in service. We are located in the heart of Washington DC, a buzzing city with one of the busiest airports in the country. Our practice is conveniently situated in a centric area, with countless hotels and lodging options nearby and surrounded by upscale restaurants and trendy shops.
You can learn more about our fly in service here: Elite Prosthetic Dentistry’s Fly-in Service
Our prosthodontist, Dr Marlin, is one of the most respected and trusted prosthodontists in the US. At Elite Prosthetic Dentistry, you will receive top-quality dental care, and our team will be happy to help you plan your trip and give you recommendations and tips to make the most of your stay in Washington DC!
Get the Smile of Your Dreams.
If you would like to schedule a consult with Dr Marlin, we invite you to call (202) 933-6402 today. We welcome patients from all parts of the United States and the world beyond.