Our COVID-19 Infection Control Protocol for Patients
First of all, we hope that you and your family or significant other in good health.
We are renowned as being one of the first offices in the Washington, D.C. area to introduce gowns and gloves and autoclavable handpieces to our practice over 35 years ago, which, at that time, was considered radical. Just as we were in the vanguard of up-to-date infection control then, we have now applied that comprehensive approach with acquisitions of a vast array of materials and equipment as a part of creating a very strict Covid-19 infection control protocol to make everyone as safe and comfortable as possible.
We have incorporated infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) into our protocol. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
The following is a part of that protocol:
- We will be asking you several questions to rule out any contact with potential carriers when we confirm you, or you can fill-in the brief questionnaire on our web site home page
- You will need to come without a companion, unless medically necessary
- You must be wearing a face mask when entering the office and, preferably, the building
- Ring the doorbell
- We will come get you and scan your forehead with a digital thermometer to rule out elevated temperature
- You will walk directly to our bathroom to wash your hands followed by hand sanitizer
- We will seat you in your appointed treatment room and have you re-answer the Covid-19 questions
- We will then proceed with your therapy under the provisions of our strict infection protocol
We appreciate your confidence in us to provide you with topflight care in a very safe environment, and, as always, are well-suited to solve your problems and/or meet your dental needs. You can find our COVID-19 Screening Form below.
Be well, be happy & be safe.